We are living in the area of Cloud Computing, which is getting everyday a big attention from CTO of different companies and from IT professionals, who are turning direction to embrace this big move that bussiness are taking to get better improvment, agility, efficience of their critical applications.
IT professionals with proven cloud computing skills are in high demand and 40% of businesses are now struggling to find the qualified employees needed.
This widespread cloud migration – boosted by investment from enterprise – is a brilliant opportunity for the professionals who can prove their knowledge with recognised cloud certifications. But with dozens of cloud certifications available, and more introduced every month, how do you decide which to achieve?
First we have a look on top cloud computing vendors, which are currently in “war” between them, each competiting with their public/hybrid cloud services.
- AWS is the biggest and oldest player among the cloud computing companies on the internet; it was developed in 1996.
- AWS has the most popular tools and services; it provides infrastructure services like database storage, networking, computing power, etc.
- It provides IAAS and PAAS cloud services and is best for public cloud services.
- Amazon Drive considered as one of the best cloud services for personal use.
- Microsoft Azure is a public and hybrid cloud computing service offered by Microsoft.
- Microsoft Azure website provides a directory of hundreds of different services you can use, including full virtual machines, databases, file storage, backups, and services for mobile and web apps.
- It’s unmatched commitment to developing and helping customers deploy AI, ML and Blockchain in innovative production environments.
- Microsoft plays at all 3 layers of the cloud: SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS, which makes it simpler for customers to consume and optimize cloud solutions from Microsoft.
- It’s a cloud technology hosted by Google and is available in private, public and hybrid cloud models.
- It provides IAAS, PAAS and SAAS cloud computing services.
- G Suite by Google Cloud is considered the best when you want to edit your files in real time ongoing.
- It provides various products and services like Compute Engine, Big Query, Cloud IAM, Virtual Private Cloud, Cloud IoT, Cloud SQL, Cloud SDK, etc.
#4 IBM Cloud
- IBM Cloud offers IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS through all the available cloud delivery models; it’s an IBM’s cloud computing company.
- With IBM Bluemix Cloud platform one can incorporate highly performing cloud communications.
- IBM Cloud provides the best hybrid cloud and public clouds.
- IBM has bundle its expertise and business solutions as not just cloud, but cloud plus cognitive: insights into consumer behavior, insights into medical research, insights into security threats, and much more.
#5 Oracle Cloud
- Oracle Cloud Computing offers a complete data-driven and secure cloud environment and is also one of the leading cloud computing companies.
- Oracle Cloud provides leading-edge capabilities in software as a service, platform as a service, infrastructure as a service, and data as a service.
- Oracle is the enterprise technology partner that positions companies for tomorrow, today; empowering businesses of all sizes on their journey of digital transformation.
- Salesforce is the world’s #1 Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platform. Our cloud-based applications for sales, service, marketing, and more don’t require IT experts to set up or manage.
- It offers public and hybrid cloud and provides PAAS and SAAS cloud Computing service.
- Salesforce cloud computing comprises multiple cloud services like Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud.
- Salesforce is helping big corporations become the type of companies they need to be in the future to meet the dizzying new demands of a world powered by digital lifestyles.
- SAP is the world’s largest enterprise-applications company with wide-ranging services required for application development.
- SAP offers SAP Cloud, Big Data, SAP HANA and Databases, Application Integration and Infrastructure (AI&I), Data warehousing for exploring new possibilities with real-time access to information, actionable decisions, and transformational innovation.
- SAP has a universal foundation named SAP HANA for all its cloud-services.
- VMware is a worldwide leader in virtualization, VMware was perfectly positioned to pounce on the cloud.
- It’s a new and emerging player among the cloud computing companies; It offers an array of global, validated cloud service for the physical, virtual and hybrid cloud environment.
- VMware has one the best 3rd party applications and support, which means it is best for public cloud computing, it also provides a private and hybrid cloud.
- It is made for deployment of applications and users with vSphere.
- VMware vCloud Air is a safe and protected public cloud platform that offers networking, storage, disaster recovery and computing etc.
- The #1 Managed Cloud Provider
- Its another prominent name among the cloud computing companies which uses compression and encryption techniques and offers file-level backups with low cost.
- Rackspace Cloud offers set of cloud computing services like Cloud Block Storage, Cloud Servers, Cloud Files, Cloud Backup, Databases.
- It provides IAAS and PaaS services as public and hybrid cloud.
#10 Red Hat
- Red Hat is an Open Cloud technology used by IT organizations to deliver agile and flexible solutions.
- Using Red Hat Cloud we can modernize the apps, update and manage them from a single place and integrate all the desired parts into a single solution.
- Red Hat Cloud Infrastructure helps us to build and manage an open cum private cloud at low cost.
- Red Hat Open Shift is an open and hybrid service used by developers to develop, deploy, host and delivers the applications quickly.
As businesses jump to the cloud to accelerate innovation and engage more intimately with customers, “Cloud Wars” will continue with big steps ahead, reaching more customers and innovating to better services and newer technology. As it showed below, from a post on Forbes, these are the top 10 predictions of cloud computing vendors target and mission. As it seems, it will be a year full of innovation and big ‘race’ of top vendors. In the end customers are they who benefits the most, so let wait and enjoy all of this. 🙂