Announced at VMworld 2017 Europe, and v1.0 was released on September 19th 2017, vRealize Suite Lifecycle Manager is designed to streamline and simplify the deployment and on-going Day 0 to Day 2 management of the vRealize Suite. Which includes
- Initial Setup
- Health Monitoring/Configuration Management
- Upgrading & Patching
This solution simplify much the deployment of a new fresh Private Cloud – which consist of vRealize Suite products. Also you have the option to import an existing solution that you have already into vRSLCM. Today we will create new Environment – New Private Cloud solution.
To begin the process, which can take some time and require a lot of prerequisites, listen below :
- Configure Product Binaries for the products you want to install. You can download binaries outside of LCM and make them available on a NFS path, local or via myvmware.
- You must have added a vCenter server to the data center with valid credentials.
- Generate a single SAN certificate to use for all product to install from the Certificate tab in the UI.
- Configure DNS entries for all the products you will be installing, in order to be resolved by domain.
- Verify that your system meets the hardware and software requirements for each of the vRealize Suite products you want to install.
- Ensure you have installed and configure IaaS server for vRealize Automation deployment and Windows database server, and both added to domain.
- Configure Login (domain user) on windows database server with the sysadmin privilege.
- Update the registry key on both Windows and database server virtual machines. Use the default PowerShell and run the following command as administrator on all Windows and database server virtual machines:
Set-ItemProperty -Path "HKLM:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" -Name "EnableLUA" -Value "0" .Reboot the Windows virtual machine (both iaas and db).
After you have done and check all the prerequisites, in Home page of Lifecycle Manager click on Create Environment.
We will use the Installation Wizard for this new deploy.
Next specify the environment data, datacenter, what type of environment you are creating (Production, Test, Stage, Development). Enter a Default password for all products to set a common password for all vRealize Suite products in the environment.
Here we can select which vRealize Suite products to install in the private cloud environment. Check the product you want to install, type of install (New / Import), choose version that match with your product binaries uploaded and deployment type.
Click Next to begin the process of deployment.
– First thing we must accept EULA, check the box at accept eula and click Next.
– Enter License details for the vRealize Suite solution.
– Configure Infrastructure Details – select vCenter server, cluster, datastore and NTP server, to be use by all vRealize suite solution.
– Configure Network Details
– Configure Certificate Details. Choose an already created certificate or provide product specific certificate.
– Configure Products Details. Here you have two part – Products Properties and Components.
For each product you are installing, configure all the details shown above.
– Next after you enter all the details, go for PreCheck Details. Run Precheck button to validate all the configuration entered before going with installation.
– In Summary tab, you can see all the configuration and details entered. After all is reviewed, click Submit to trigger the process of installations.
In Home screen, you can see our new environment, status IN Progress and you can monitor all the detailed steps which are occuring.
All the deploy can take more then 2 hours to finish. So take a time, relax and wait that vRLCM do all for you! After all task are completed 100% and finished, you can see environment created, click on View Details.
Pretty cool tool and process. From now you can view each product details and login to each of them and start configuring and integrating with each other.
Thanks for reading. Next posts we will begin configuring one by one vrealize suite products and do some nice stuff. 🙂